Guess who chopped sticky marshmallows without losing her mind? Me! Thanks to Cindy who suggested I dusted the knife with powdered sugar before cutting them, my marshmallow-chopping was a piece of cake. Or a piece of S’mores Truffle…
This is a lazy recipe because we’re just going to go ahead and melt the chocolate in the microwave. It’s just a basic chocolate truffle with some s’morey goodies thrown in, and then rolled in ground bunny grahams or graham crackers. I used sweet bunny grahams mainly so I could threw back my head and laugh maniacally while I chopped them. Mwahahahahahaha!!
|Small-Batch Lazy S’mores Truffles
Makes 14 truffles
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Combine the chocolate chips and coconut milk in a glass or ceramic, microwave safe bowl. Nuke on high for 45 seconds. Take the bowl out and give it a good stir. Nuke it for 30 more seconds, stir, and repeat until the chocolate is completely melted. This step will depend on the wattage of your microwave.
2. Throw in the marshmallows, gently fold them in and let the chocolate sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Stir in the chopped bunny grahams and refrigerate until firm enough to shape, about 30 minutes. Give it a stir half way through chilling if you want to speed it up!
4. If you haven’t ground your bunny grahams yet, run them through a food processor until powdery. Place the ground grahams in a shallow bowl. Now it’s time to make some truffles!
5. Using a small cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop out about two teaspoons of the truffle mix and use your hands to shape it into a ball. Roll the ball in the ground grahams and repeat with the rest of the truffle mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Notes and variations:
You can mix it up and roll half of the truffles in ground grahams and half in cocoa powder or chocolate chips like I did.
If you’re not happy about using full-fat coconut milk you can use almond milk instead. Use *just short* of 1/4 cup if you’re using almond milk.
If for some reason your chocolate doesn’t want to firm up enough to roll it into balls, you can throw in some ground grahams in there to show it who’s boss. That’ll firm it up and teach it.
I use Dandie’s vegan marshmallows which can be thrown straight into the melted hot chocolate without them melting into oblivion. If you’re using a different brand you might want to test a couple of marshmallows first, to be sure they hold their shape.
Today’s cute? This overexposed, but under-happy doggie who had to spend an afternoon with us while his mama ran some errands. The horror! Poor little Piggly Wiggly.