Today we're having a not-so-kooky Halloweegan treat. Spiced pumpkin cookies with a sweet chocolate filling, anyone?
These are a reversed version of the Pumpkin-O's of Halloweegan 2008. Those were chocolate cookies with a pumpkin buttercream filling instead. The first batch of this new version had carved faces, but I didn't have too much fun with the carving process...
So I just drew the faces instead when I made the second batch. You can do whatever you want, but it might work better to refrigerate the cookies for a while before you carve them, if that's what you want to do. Also, because I don't use artificial food colorings they're not very orangey, but if you're OK with using food coloring then go for it! :)
Spiced Pumpkin Sandwich Cookies
Fabulous Ms. Monique has given me a Versatile Blogger award! Aww, thank you Mo! You rock some serious socks and you are the Queen of Everything! So now I have to tell you seven things about myself that might be shocking to you. Hmm. I'll try! :)
1. When I was younger I spent many nights (I see where your dirrrty minds are going) making royal icing flowers, filling cream puffs, and dipping tiny things in chocolate for my mother's catering business.
2. This is embarrassing, but I can't cook rice! My rice is always a mushy, pasty disaster.
3. I love chocolate and I love strawberries, but I don't really like chocolate covered strawberries! :D
4. When I was a teenager I wanted to be one of the Spice Girls, but I don't think they were looking for a Mild Spice.
5. I have massive trust issues :)
6. I grew up with a parrot who could swear like a sailor...
7. I might have taught that parrot a dirty word or two.
There! Now the rules of the award state that I must pass it on to seven bloggers. I usually have a hard time choosing, but this one is a non-brainer because I have been meaning to *poke* a few blogs that haven't been around for a while: Eat'n Veg'n, Musings From the Fishbowl, Show me Vegan, Spotted Devil Cat and His Vegan Assistant, Vegan for the People, VeganView, Zoey's Kitchen. So there, we miss you and we want you back! Consider yourselves poked! :D