|Vegan Chocolate Cake (Adapted from Super Moist Chocolate Cake, VegWeb.com)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8 by 8 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Add salt and mix well.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, vanilla extract, and water.
4. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently fold until all ingredients are incorporated. It’s very important to try not to overmix the batter or it will be tough and chewy!
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.