I've been trying to write this post since Monday but I have the blogging "mehs." I find that 90% of the time I love WordPress, but the other 10% when I miss Blogger, I miss it hard. Wishy washy? Me? Maybe a little. Do you like my new profile photo? I wasn't happy with the other one. It was too posey and not really me. This one is more like it! Or is there too much tongue? Puppy tongue!
Let's get right to the food then, shall we? Would you like a piece of peanut butter fudge?
This fudge is the BOMB! It's sweet but not too sweet, and it's super peanut buttery and dreamy. I've made it so many times I've lost count. All you need is peanut butter, coconut butter, and maple syrup. That's it. And no messing with candy thermometers! You just need to melt all the ingredients together, pour the mixture into whatever mold you're using, refrigerate and you're done! This amazing recipe is by Ashley of Blissful Basil and you can find it here.
The original recipe calls for maple syrup, but I usually make it with agave and use only one tablespoon. Because of this, I add an extra tablespoon of peanut butter to keep the fudge from getting too hard and dry in the fridge. I also add a teaspoon of vanilla, because I am a vanillaholic, and a pinch of salt because I make it with unsalted homemade peanut butter.
Sometimes this happens:
Just a little bit of melted semi-sweet chocolate drizzled on top of some delicious homemade peanut butter fudge. Nothing to see here.
Let's wrap this up with a couple of birdies who don't mind getting all posey for the camera. Are they having a bit of a birdie dispute? This photo was taken through our bedroom window, and that haziness that you see there is the reflection of our blinds that got in the way. I think it looks nice though!