German Yeasted Pudding Buns

Milh over at Seitan Is My Motor is doing a whole month of German desserts for Vegan MoFo – that’s dedication! You are being given fair warning to wear a bib before you visit Mihl’s blog, for you shall drool uncontrollably as you browse around her recipes. Last week I was a severe victim of the droolies myself when I saw Mihl’s Yeasted Pudding Buns, AKA Hefeschnecken mit Pudding.

Hefeschnecken mit Pudding (Yeasted Pudding Buns)
Slightly underbaked because I’m still scarred from last week’s cookie-burning fiasco.

Oh man. This type of baked good is my favorite! It’s a sweet bread roll filled with a thick vanilla pudding and sprinkled with raisins. I abhor raisins, so I only sprinkled half of the buns with the evil little things because Mr. Wing-It does like them. The combination of bread and pudding is so addictive for me. This is the kind of baked good that I would like to eat every single day for breakfast. And then later as a snack. And later as another snack. I halved the recipe because I knew I wouldn’t be able to control myself around them, and indeed all self-control was lost as soon as they came out of the oven. My three raisin-free rolls were devoured almost instantly, and then I stole one of Mr. Wing-It’s raisin-full rolls, picked out the raisins and had it for breakfast today. Yep. Thanks for sharing the recipe Mihl!
Today’s daily cuteness is brought to you once more by Yellowstone National Park! This lady raven was really hamming it up for the camera. I dared not ask her if she could say “nevermore”.

UPDATE: Jennifer @ Vegan Dance if You Want To is giving away an Official-Unofficial Vida Vegan Con 2013 Cookbooklette! Check it out!

Yellowstone Raven
Vegan MoFo

Comments

Hello,

We love your recipes, they are so yummy. Would be delighted if you can share your recipes with us at http://ipinrecipes.com/ A Community for food bloggers and food lovers. Simply register your food blog with us and start pinning your recipes directly from your blog. No need to crop or edit your images and your recipes will be published immediately without any editorial review. With ipinrecipes.com you can not only pin your recipes, but you can repin, like others recipes and can create food category boards.
    So why to wait, Join ipinrecipes.com and start Pinning your amazing recipes.

Happy Pinning!!!

Regards
    iPinRecipes Team

You missed them on Mihl’s blog and now you found them here – don’t say I never did anything for you! :D

They are SO yummy! I wish I could get away with eating a couple of these every day like I did in my young’un years.

You made these without me?? :-O
    I don’t mind raisins, but I prefer sultanas so I would probably just sub those when I one day finally make this recipe because no one will make it for me. *sob* ;)

I totally bookmarked these. I have to make them. I love raisins, but well… chocolate chips kind of rule too. Now I think I’ll have to do 50/50 and eat them all as a taste test. Totally normal right?

Ha! I was wondering if I was going to mislead someone into thinking that I had used chocolate chips for some of the buns! When I was editing the picture I noticed that the two rightmost raisins on the front bun looked an awful lot like chocolate chips. If only raisins tasted like chocolate chips too!

You are so sweet, River. Your buns look so gorgeous, now you definitely got me drooling, too. And you are the bravest person in the world for using raisins:)

Oh but they can’t hold a candle to yours! I was a bit impatient and eager to eat them so they are not too perfect. The bravest person in the world! I like it! Actually I even tried a bite with a raisin on it, only to find out that I still don’t like them.

wow. you did it! that’s a super speedy blog-to-blog turnaround! I almost cried when I saw Mihl’s post about these little beauties. I don’t know how many years it has been since I have had a fancy little treat like this with custard and baked stuff all in one delicious package. I actually do like raisins, so that’s a plus for me. I really want to make these. Must find an occasion… because, like you, I cannot control myself if I make a whole batch!!

There was no time to dilly-dally – I had to have them! It sounds like you would be stuffing them all in your belly pretty fast just like I did! But it was worth it and I regret nothing :D

I bookmarked these as soon I saw them on Mihl’s blog too. Hold the raisins on my buns as well. I’ll probably add chocolate chips, because I don’t know when to stop.