Mini Beetloaves with Memphis Style BBQ Sauce

If this feels like déjà vu to some of you, that’s because last year during Vegan MoFo I couldn’t stop blogging about Isa’s beet burgers. Obsessed? A little. This time I made little beetloaves and paired them with Bianca’s Memphis Style BBQ Sauce. What a beautiful couple they make!

Beetloaves with BBQ Sauce
Isa and Bianca sitting in a tree, C-O-O-K-I-N-G!

Instead of shaping the burger mix into patties, I just shaped them into tiny loaves and baked them at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes, then I brushed a generous amount of BBQ sauce all over the tops and baked them for 10 more minutes at 400 degrees F. Inside shot?
Beetloaves with BBQ Sauce

So good! The earthy beetloaves are soft, but not mushy like so many veggie loaves tend to be. They are made with lentils, brown rice, obviously beets, and the perfect combination of spices and flavorings. Perfect, I tell you! They can be gluten-free if you can get a hold of gluten-free breadcrumbs. Paired with the smokey and tangy BBQ sauce, and with some mashed potatoes and green beans on the side, it was a delicious, colorful and wholesome meal. Thanks for sharing, Isa and Bianca! I think my dinner was still missing something though… maybe some… corn?
I has a corm!
I has a corm!

Vegan MoFo

Comments

You sparked my love of these burgers last year so of course I love that you made them into mini loaves, clever! I’m going to have to make them again :)

Squirrel! Corn! Cuteness!

wow, I have never tried those beet burgers. I wonder why. I really love beets, so I will have to get on that. the color inside is totally amazing!!!

Ah, I remember the beet craze — I even succumbed to the lure of beet loaf. I loved the result, too, but now I wonder why I never made it again. Odd. I must stop loafing around and get myself a beet. Yay, beet loaf!

ahh I never know what to do with beetroot so I never buy it*, even though I love it, but these look great. I’ll have to try them out.

*Except for the pickled stuff which I love too!

I had such great intentions of making these last year and well….didn’t. I NEED to do this.

That squirrel is adorable. I love that you always have an animal photo in your posts!

Yes, you need to make them indeed. I love my backyard buddies! I don’t think I will ever run out of pictures of them, so there should be material to keep me going for a long long time!