Halloweegan Spooky Dinner Revival!

Are you sick of ghosts yet? No? Good! This time I am bringing back from the dead an old Halloweegan dinner that I blogged about a couple of years ago…

Spooky Dinner

Spooky Dinner

Spooky Dinner

Spooky! It’s a meatless meatloaf shaped like a gingerbread man, surrounded by spooky mashed potato ghosts and pumpkin-puree pumpkins. I used the same recipe for the beet burgers that I made earlier this week. Making videos isn’t a natural skill for me, so I prepared myself with some quick and easy instant mashed potatoes for the ghosts. The more time I can save in the kitchen the better when it comes to making videos! Freshly made mashed potatoes look better, but if you need to save time too I am not going to judge you. You will need some special decorating tools for this (large round and star decorating tips), unless you just want to wing it with a ziploc bag or pastry bag. You can also make your own parchment paper or wax paper pastry bag following the instructions from this handy video. OK, enough chit-chat! Let’s watch the video! (warning: loud music!)

Comments

Aren’t they awesome?! I love them! The do make a good meatless loaf too. At least flat little ones for sure! I could eat them every day. The world can’t produce enough beets for me to make these burgers so often! :D

I was hoping I’d get beets in our veg box this week but we didn’t, boo! I’m going to go out and buy some just so I can finally try this recipe.

And I love your videos, the ghosties look great, as does the poor dead meatloaf-man! The pumpkins are my fave though :)

That’s too bad! This recipe is definitely worth going out to buy some beets though. I think next time I’m going to add a wee bit of liquid smoke to the burger mix just for kicks.

I’m glad you like the videos! I used a different camera for this one and it’s pretty crappy. I’m going to stick to my trusty Panasonic in the future.

HA! Well done. The scariest thing is the way the beet loaf looks when it’s raw and you’re pushing it into the mold. It looks so real — like the “t” could be an “f.” Yikes.

I know! And the beet mix I used had been in the fridge, so it was very firm – you should see it when it’s freshly made and it has very visible bits of brown rice which look like fatty bits! Beet burger mix is a Halloweegan food all on its own!

ha ha. Oh River, this is the BEST. So fun and funny – and also delicious I’m sure. I love the little “x’s” for eyes. The best.