Vegan MoFo – Dreena Cookies for Becks!

It’s MoFo time! Whoa! The official Vegan MoFo blog says there are 556 blogs signed up this year! If you haven’t signed up yet and now you’re feeling left out, the deadline to be included in the final blog roll and RSS feed is tomorrow (November 2nd.) Hurry! It’s fun, it’s crazy, it’s MoFo!

Like I said on my previous post, my MoFo plans are very simple and very laid back. I have been lurking around your blogs looking for recipes that are quick and easy so I don’t have to exert myself too much this month. It will be as if a sloth was running my MoFo. But less cute. The slothy-cooking won’t be limited to blog recipes though, there will be the occasional cookbook-cookery, but only if the recipes are available somewhere online for everyone to see.

Which brings us to today’s noms.

Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vive le Vegan)
Dreena Cookies!

These are the Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies from Vive le Vegan, Dreena Burton’s book of awesome. Check out the recipe for these mapley-sweet, wonderfully addictive cookies, courtesy of mapley-sweet Ms. Dreena.

Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vive le Vegan)
Manually applied chocolate chips for even distribution.
One chip per bite. Chocolate is serious business.

Why am I kicking off Vegan MoFo with these dreamy cookies? Because they are my buddy Becks’ favorite! Becks has decided to come out of hibernation and her blog is going vegan for the MoFo celebrations all throughout November! (Check out the Chocolate Viennese Whirls that she made today!) Which brings us to…

blog-love
Today’s Blog-Love goes to Becks @ Not A Rabbit! (I’ve been wanting to say that for a long time!) Becks has just returned from a two year long hibernation. If you’ve been around Blogville since 2008 and were lucky enough to know her blog back then, then you’re probably screaming with joy! Not A Rabbit is restarting from scratch, so you will need to update your url/feeds/stalkery-tools. For those of you who weren’t around to be Rabbit’s groupies, let me tell you that you’re in for a treat! Not A Rabbit is a baking blog, so expect to suffer from dehydration by drooling. Becks’ witty and effortlessly funny writing style is going to charm you like a snake… or something less scary. And fluffier. She’s going to charm you like a Rabbit! Go check out her blog and join the Not A Rabbit fan club! :)

Untitled
I intend to end all my MoFo posts with a food-relevant fluffeh creature

Comments

Must go subscribe right now!

And those cookies. . . one of my all-time faves. Though I am not patient enough to manually apply chips–I just add a bit more than she suggests and ensure at least one per bite that way. ;)

So glad to see that Becks is back and I think it’s so awesome how many bloggers have returned recently! It’s going to be great catching up with everyone during Vegan MoFo!

I love your chocolate strategy. Though, I up the anty, adding to batter for hidden chocolate goodness, and then topping strategically. I like the one per bite placement though, I will keep that in mind.

If you end every mofo post with a fluffy creature like this one, you will make my month!

Dreena’s chocolate chip cookies are the best! I actually made them into a cake for my dad’s birthday last year and he raved about it. I love your individual chocolate chip placement, definitely a great River touch

I’m scared to go over to that interesting sounding blog, because I’m not allowing myself any cookies/cakes/buns for a LONG time… (Until I’m pre-pregnancy weight – OK, so my first ‘baby’ is 25…) However, I’ll go anyway, just to enjoy reading it!
    Cute cat!
    Only one chocolate chip per bite?

Oooh, those are my very favorite cookies (ok, after gingerbread)! :) One of my very first blog posts was about them, too – I’m glad to see there are many of us sharing the love.

Happy Vegan MoFo to you!

Yay Vegan MoFo! I wanted to do it this year but it got delayed a month and I wanted to do NaNoWriMo more. Which I am now regretting because 50,000 words in one months is a lot. Plus, I made a really yummy dinner tonight and I could have posted it five times over by now.

I’m looking forward to the treats you’ll be sharing!

happy Vegan MoFo to you too, River! squeeeeeeeeeeeee! i too am taking a laid back approach to it this year as well – and i think it’s gonna be alllll gooooood! would you believe i’ve ever made Dreena’s cookies? and i’ve heard nothing but awesome about them. i think she has a gluten-free version out there, too. totally gonna have to check it out! and i’m gonna have to check out Becks’ blog as well. thanks, River! looking forward to many more super tasty MoFo posts! mmmmmmmmmm!

excellent kitteh picture! I love dreena’s cookies SO MUCH. Ever since my boyfriend decided to lose some weight, I haven’t been baking nearly as much. I used to make dreena cookies all the time, and now it feels like it’s been for.ever.

You seriously put each chocolate chip on individually? You rule.

Remember the commercial for the cookeis with the slogan “Betcha bite a chip?” You win!

Yay for Vegan MoFo! I can’t believe there are so many people participating. Dreena’s cookies are a great way to start off the month! I am a big fan of that recipe. I am a little sad though that Halloweegan is over now.

Hourra for Rabbit being back – going over to see her next.

Those are the most perfect-looking cookies I’ve ever seen. Manually applied chips? That is a little crazy. I like ti.

Mapley cookies! Just what I was looking for. I’m trying to find a good recipe for maple cookies to take as presents on a trip. These just might the one! Who wouldn’t love a choc chip in every bite??

Dreena Cookies? For me? Awwwwwwww! You iz the bestest! *Massive Bear Hugs*

The chippers are so neat! I half expected you to make C.D.O cookies (with exactly 10 chocolate chippers, just how Monk likes them!). But getting a chocolate chip in every bite is just as awesome! :D

Loving your work….. Shall I expect my cookies in the mail? :P

Happy Mofo, River! Those Dreena cookies look like the jam–mmm chocolate chips! I can’t believe there are so many of us this year–it’ll be impossible to keep up. But impossible in a rockin’ way!