VeganMoFo has taken over the world! So many posts, so little time! It's been so much fun reading about everyone's stories and anecdotes, collecting awesome recipes, and even learning about intriguing German foods that I'd never heard of before (thank you Mihl!)
Today I made more phonies - pumpkin phonies. See, tomorrow is grocery shopping day, which means today the refrigerator looks quite empty and sad. We were going to have an Improper Cottage Pie for dinner but then I wouldn't have had anything to post for Halloweegan. So I was trying to figure out what to do, when I saw the lonely bell peppers looking at me from the veggie drawer. They just wanted to make themselves useful, so I picked them up and we had bell peppers stuffed with the (already prepared) improper cottage pie mince and croutons. I carved their faces like jack-o'-lanterns before I stuffed them and baked them at 400 degrees C for about 30 minutes.
I love'em! You can make your favorite stuffed pepper recipe and all you have to do to make them Halloweegan-friendly is carve them like a pumpkin before you stuff them. Of course the orange ones are the most "Halloween-y" but multicolor peppers are fun too!
Moving on, here's a cool survey from Food Snobbery is my Hobbery. Surveys freak me out because they usually make me look like a weirdo, but this one was fun so here it is!
1. Name a song that involves food in some way.
Does Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band count?
2. What criteria do you use when choosing a new cookbook to buy?
I always look up reviews online before buying.
3. What did you eat today?
Dinner was Halloweegan Stuffed Peppers and dessert was Happy Halloweegan Pumpkins.
4. Name a vegan food that you know exists but you have never tried.
5. The Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. What will the title of the show be?
The title is: "Please don't mind the host hiding behind the counter because she's too shy to show her face."
6. Favorite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?
Spicy = heartburn = :(
7. How old were you when you became vegetarian/vegan?
24. Vegan. Cold tofurky.
8. Favorite vegan cheeze?
Follow Your Heart.
9. Cutest baby animal?
I just can't answer this! How can I choose?!
10. Favorite type of jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves?
11. Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
I take a multi every other day.
12. What food/dish most embodies the Fall season?
13. What food would you have a hard time living without?
Bread! And chocolate.
14. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
15. It's 10PM and you're starving. What do you eat?
Must control myself! Must not eat after 8 pm or the evil nightmares will haunt me all night!
16. If you have an animal companion, what is his/her favorite food?
George! He's a Beta fish that used to be my mother in law's buddy. All he wants to eat is fish pellets.
17. Worst injury you've gotten in the kitchen?
I've grated my fingers several times whilst shredding things. Not any more though, graters are banned from my kitchen. Those things are the work of the devil!
18. When you have a food-related question, who do you call?
My fellow super bloggers!
19. Summer is ending- What food will you miss most?
20. What snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?
Luna bars and nuts.
21. Favorite soup to make on a rainy day?
22. What's your favorite combination of fresh vegetable and/or fruit juices?
Strawberry-banana is always a winner.
23. Favorite brand of root beer?
24. Make up your own question!
What's your favorite kitchen utensil?
Tongs! They are so handy! I feel like "Edward Tong-Hands."
|Hi! I am currently being an antisocial hermit and not monitoring my blog comments. If you are in mortal peril and need to contact me, you can reach me at wingitvegan (at) gmail.com. Back to my hermit cave now.|