You can go ahead and call them Pumpkin Pancakes, but I just crack myself up every time I say Pankin Pumpcakes! Dork.
|Pankin Pumpcakes (Inspired by Dierberg’s Everybody Cooks magazine)
1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour
1. In a medium size bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin puree, oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
3. Without overmixing, fold the liquid ingredient mix into the dry ingredient mix.
4. Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat.
5. Scop about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet and cook until the bottom is golden brown. Flip the pancake over and cook until the other side turns golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
This recipe makes 8 to 10 little 4 inch pancakes, depending on how much batter you scoop per pancake.
We had the Pankin Pumpcakes for lunch, and potato pancakes for dinner along with some veggies and TVP nuggets. The potato pancakes were so easy to make and so delicious! The tasty recipe was courtesy of Vegan Tickles.
And now, changing the subject abruptly, here’s the cutest little tree-hugger in the world! This squirrel loves to rest on our tree, always on the same spot and always in the same position hugging the tree. Here it even looks like she’s kissing the tree! So cute!