|Pankin Pumpcakes (Inspired by Dierberg's Everybody Cooks magazine)|
1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour
1 tbsp of sugar
2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp of salt
1 cup of soy milk
1/4 cup of pureed pumpkin
2 tbsp of oil
1 tbsp of apple sauce
1/2 tsp of vanilla (optional)
1. In a medium size bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin puree, oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
3. Without overmixing, fold the liquid ingredient mix into the dry ingredient mix.
4. Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat.
5. Scop about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet and cook until the bottom is golden brown. Flip the pancake over and cook until the other side turns golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
This recipe makes 8 to 10 little 4 inch pancakes, depending on how much batter you scoop per pancake.
We had the Pankin Pumpcakes for lunch and potato pancakes for dinner, along with some veggies and TVP nuggets. The potato pancakes were so easy to make and so delicious! The tasty recipe comes courtesy of Vegan Tickles. Thank you Vegan Tickles!
And now changing the subject abruptly, here's the cutest tree hugger in the world! This squirrel loves to rest on our tree; always on the same spot and always in the same position hugging the tree. Here it even looks like she's kissing the tree! So cute!