1/4 cup of melted Earth Balance or vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8 by 8 inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the Earth Balance, mashed banana, milk, and brown sugar. Stir well until it smooth and creamy.
3. In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add the liquids to the dry mix and gently fold until just combined. You definitely don’t want to overmix the batter at this point or your brownies will be tough and not pleasantly chewy. The batter shouldn’t be too runny like cake batter, it should be moist but fairly thick.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, depending on how fudgy want them.
Peanut Butter Frosting
1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
So easy – combine everything in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Start with 1/2 cup of coconut milk and add more if you need it. The frosting should be soft enough to spread over the brownies.
For the savory part of my self-destruction menu, I indulged in some yummy corn dogs. No skewers. Just grab them and eat them like a savage.
|Vegan Corn Dogs
1/2 cup of cornmeal
1. In a medium sized bowl whisk togther the cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking powder.
2. Pour the milk and oil on top of the flour mix and stir until just combined. The batter should be fairly thick, so start with 3/4 cup of milk and add more if needed.
3. Throw the veggie dogs into the batter and coat them thoroughly.
4. Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. After a minute, test the temperature of the oil with a drop of batter, if it sizzles you’re ready to fry your corn dogs. Cook the corn dogs on medium-low heat, flipping them over after two minutes or so, or when the bottoms look golden brown.
5. After a couple more minutes, flip them over again to cook the third side. They will look somewhat triangular!